Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I read you books and I read you books...

Some of the books I have read lately...and I highly recommend!!

A story about a mom who was kidnapped, raped multiple times, and held captive...told from her 5 year-old sons point of view....very riveting, I had a hard time putting it down and ended up reading it in a day!

Another book I couldn't put down! This was a captivating story set in Mississippi in the 1960s. There is a reason it is so popular peoples...I really want to see the movie (both my mother and step-mother-in-law gave it rave reviews!) but not sure we will make it to the theater before it goes to DVD!





This book came highly recommended by my mother-in-law, otherwise known as MV. We got this from the library and I am sad that is due back next week...it is definitely a good book to have on hand! This book of full of info on the toxins that are present in every day products (saran wrap, deodorant, body wash, household cleaners) and what you can purchase to be greener for your body and the environment, as well as how to make your own cleaners from baking soda, vinegar, essential oils, etc. I am 3/4 of the way through this book and will likely write a post when I am finished about the changes that Graham and I are making in our lives to GO GREEN! I think this book may find its way under a Christmas tree or two come December!

Finally, a silly, easy read book that I am going to finish today. I used to follow this guys blog some and it always cracked me up. Again, not a serious book...but seriously funny!

 Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment